Sunday, November 14, 2010

Injury Report

The last couple of days have been a little rough for Ayden and I.  I was playing with Ayden the other morning and he got upset and flung himself backwards and his head hit me right beneath the eye.  I woke up the next morning with a black eye.

A couple of days later, Ayden was playing in the kitchen and tripped over one of his bowls on the floor and face planted into the corner of the chair.  He cut the  corner of his eye and his face was all red.  I felt so bad.  That day was not a good day for him.  He was hitting his head left and right that day.

Work has been good.  I got to work in the ICU on Thursday and a few hours on Friday.  It is a whole different experience.  It is can be pretty intense.  There were three patients Thursday night, two of which were somewhat critical.  I got the third because I have taken care of him before.  Friday night I got to work and we found out the lady on a venitlator had a DNR so we had to take her off.  She passed within the hour.  It was kind of sad, but she was old.

Jerry and I spoke in church today.  It was the standard new memebers of the ward speaking assignment.  This is one reason I try to avoid moving!  I don't mind being in front of people, but for some reason I get really nervous when it comes to this.  I thought I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted to put it together, but when I sat down to write it last night, it ended up going a different direction.  Needless to say, I was up later than I planned.  Jerry's parents came out to visit and so they could sit with Ayden during sacrament.  All in all, our talks went really well.  I am just glad it is over with! 




No comments: